Hi! My name's Courtney.
I'm a senior in college, and will be graduating in May of 2014 with a degree in Civil Engineering and a minor in Business. I haven't a clue what I am doing or where I am moving yet, ideally I'd like to move back to the Denver Metroplex, but who knows what will happen!
Meanwhile while I wait for interviews or really just a call back, I am working on my Major Qualifying Project (MQP). This project consists of working in a group of seven, to reconstruct a local bridge. It's been an interesting ride so far, we've definitely had our ups and downs, but it's also been great. We got to watch the old bridge be removed and moved to a local high school.
We've been working on a few different designs, that were presented to the city today. Two of the designs were developed by me, and I wasn't able to go to the meeting today so I can't wait to find out what decision was made! The one design is a complete replica of the historical bridge that we moved, and the other is compliant with ADA guidelines.
I'm super excited for this project to be finished! I want to see the final bridge and it means I am that much closer to graduating! P.S. only 88 more school days.





No comments:
Post a Comment