So I've been completely swamped lately with MQP, my inquiry seminar (final humanities requirement) and trying to understand thermodynamics that I haven't had time to read. So when I woke up feeling like my head was full of butterflies, and I could hardly breath or talk with out being in pain, I took full advantage.
I ended up being excused from preference (the final round of sorority recruitment before bid day). Meaning after 4PM I was free, I went home took a Nyquil and read until I fell asleep for the next five hours. When I woke up I only had a few more pages and decided to put off taking another Nyquil so I'd be able to finally finish this book!
Knife Music is one of those books that starts out rather slow, well not slow, but it has a lot of build up. Almost 270 of the 290 pages are setting the scene for the mystery to be solved, however I was never bored!
Basically an ER Doctor, Dr. Cogan, is accused of raping a teenager who he treated after she was in a terrible car wreck. The plot is so simple but the book has so many twists and turns, which is what grabbed my attention. There's inner turmoil that the lead detective struggles with, but denies. There's relationships that are so completely screwed up that you can't possibly want to stop reading. And there's an eye witness account that is adamant that the Dr. Cogan raped this young girl.
The final page though is what caught me off guard. Maybe I'm dense, I've never been good at solving mysteries. I am one of those people who could watch an entire CSI, or Criminal Minds episode, and never know who did it until the very end.
It's a must read though! I would suggest it to anyone, it's a pretty easy read, the medical term can be a little hard to read through, but they only show up towards the last chapter. But other than that it's great book!
I ended up being excused from preference (the final round of sorority recruitment before bid day). Meaning after 4PM I was free, I went home took a Nyquil and read until I fell asleep for the next five hours. When I woke up I only had a few more pages and decided to put off taking another Nyquil so I'd be able to finally finish this book!
Knife Music is one of those books that starts out rather slow, well not slow, but it has a lot of build up. Almost 270 of the 290 pages are setting the scene for the mystery to be solved, however I was never bored!
Basically an ER Doctor, Dr. Cogan, is accused of raping a teenager who he treated after she was in a terrible car wreck. The plot is so simple but the book has so many twists and turns, which is what grabbed my attention. There's inner turmoil that the lead detective struggles with, but denies. There's relationships that are so completely screwed up that you can't possibly want to stop reading. And there's an eye witness account that is adamant that the Dr. Cogan raped this young girl.
The final page though is what caught me off guard. Maybe I'm dense, I've never been good at solving mysteries. I am one of those people who could watch an entire CSI, or Criminal Minds episode, and never know who did it until the very end.
It's a must read though! I would suggest it to anyone, it's a pretty easy read, the medical term can be a little hard to read through, but they only show up towards the last chapter. But other than that it's great book!

No comments:
Post a Comment